As I look back over 2017 I realise what an unpredictable year it was. Who could predict all the major events that happened in the world in the past twelve months?
And if I review my own year I know that I couldn’t have forecast half of what I have experienced back on 1 January 2017. I have been to so many different places this year, worked with amazing clients and met some wonderful people. There were bumps and obstacles along the way but they passed and life went on.
Also, if I had used my experience of 2016 to predict what would happen in 2017 I would have been way out. You can’t use your past to predict your future.
So my thought as we approach 2018 is that it is good to have a plan and a vision for the new year. It is good to set intentions and resolutions, and take action to achieve them. But build plenty of wriggle room into your plans for all the good stuff that is going to surprise you.
A final thought from Abraham Lincoln ‘The best way to predict the future is to create it.’ What do you want to create this year?
Contact me if I can help you with your resolutions or plans.
A very Happy and Peaceful 2018 to you and your loved ones.
What have you decided to change in your life in 2012? Is it something you want to stop doing – smoking, drinking too much, over eating? Or is it something you want to do more of – relaxing, exercising, learning a new skill?
It’s good to have a goal for positive change and remember, if the road to hell is paved with good intentions, the road to heaven is paved with commitment and good planning. So, whatever you’ve decided to do, here are some tips for making it happen.
Step 1 Know what you want to have happen
- Close your eyes and visualise what you want. State it in the positive eg “I want to be a size 12”, “I want to breathe easily”, “I want to spend two hours a week exercising”.
- What will you see, hear and feel when you achieve your goal?
- When do you want to achieve it by? eg a specific date or special occasion.
Step 2 Plan how you are going to get there
- What resources do you already have? What resources do you need?
- What options do you have to help you achieve your goal?
- Do you need any advice or support?
- What actions are you going to take?
- What obstacles might you experience? How might you overcome them?
Step 3 Make a commitment
- Tell someone else what you are going to do or
- Join a group with the same goals
Step 4 Work the plan
- If you move off of the plan one day, forgive yourself and start again
Step 5 Enjoy your achievements!
Good Luck and Happy New Year